Business: Organizing & Organizational Development
Disorganization can cost companies thousands of dollars in revenue annually and lead to work overload. A major benefit of being organized is that it increases your capacity for adapting to and dealing with change. As organizational development advisors and trained professional organizers, we will review your daily workflow, time management and team dynamics. We help businesses adjust to and deal with change, as change is inevitable. We will develop a personalized S.T.A.R.K.S. Resolution Action Plan that will help you implement strategies and organizational systems to improve performance, cohesiveness, work environment, and disorganization, it will be simple to maintain, and make your life and the life of your employees less stressful and your time more efficient. All to help you create additional profit for your company.
We have 50+ years of combined leadership skills and are also co-owners of and serve as Chief Officers of Organizational Development for Etched Motion Productions.
The following is a brief list of some of the resolution projects we can accomplish. The list is not comprehensive, so if you do not see something listed that you need help with, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What We Can Help
Business Organizing Facts...
► Distractions cost businesses $10,790 a year per worker.
► 280 hours per year are lost by workers seeking clarification due to poor communication.
► According to the Institute for Business and Home Safety, an estimated 25% of businesses do not reopen following a major disaster. (SBA.GOV)
DISORGANIZATION IN THE OFFICE
► Office workers waste an average of 40% of their workday. Not because they aren’t smart, but because they were never taught organizing skills to cope with the increasing workloads and demands. (Wall Street Journal)
► 43% of Americans categorize themselves as disorganized, and 21% have missed vital work deadlines. Nearly half say disorganization causes them to work late at least 2 or times each week.
(Jane Von Bergen, "So many reasons to neaten up...", Boston Globe 3/12/2006 Esselte survey, David Lewis)
► How does happiness relate to productivity?
--31% higher productivity
--37% higher sales
--Creativity 3 times higher.
(Happiness at Work survey, Nic Marks, nef (new economics foundation, London) 2012)
► Organizations lose around $1,250 per user in annual productivity because of time spent dealing with spam, $1,800 unnecessary emails from co-workers, $2,100 - $4,100 due to poorly written communications.
(Tom Pisello, ITBusinessEdge.com, 12/2008)
► Statistics show the average worker loses at least 1 hour of productivity each day due to disorganization!
► The average American worker is interrupted 4-8 times an hour and loses productivity because they’re repeating steps to retrace where they left off. 60% of interruptions come from electronic devices and e-mails while the other 40% come from traditional sources such as phone calls or chats with colleagues.
► Paperwork has been voted the biggest burden for small businesses.
► Time spent mishandling paperwork detracts from the company’s ability to service customers, increase sales and improve the bottom line.
(Small Business Administration)
► The average worker wastes 2.5 hours a week looking for documents missing in poorly organized electronic files.
► US employees waste more than 2 hours a week finding, sharing, and storing documents.
(Smart Business Magazine)
► In surveying 1000 middle managers of companies in the U.S., 59% miss important information almost every day because it exists within the company but they cannot find it.
► An average organization:
-- Makes 19 copies of each document.
-- Spends $20 in labor to file each document.
-- Spends $120 in labor searching for each misfiled document.
-- Loses one out of every 20 documents.
-- Spends 25 hours recreating each lost document.
► A person who works with a "messy" or cluttered desk spends, on average, 1 1/2 hours per day looking for things or being distracted by things or approximately 7 1/2 hours
► Employees spend roughly 25% to 35% of their time looking for the information they need to do their jobs. (Document Magazine)
► The average U.S. executive wastes 6 weeks per year searching for missing information in messy desks and files. For an employee earning $60,000, that lost time costs the company a staggering $6,290.
(The Wall Street Journal/Esselte Study)
► The average desk worker has 36 hours of work on his or her desk and spends 3 hours per week sorting piles trying to find the project to work on next.
(Richard Swenson, The Overload Syndrome)
► Buying duplicate or last minute supplies due to disorganization can cost a business up to 20% of annual purchasing budget
Who We Help...
Copyright © 2014-2017 | Organizing Resolutions | All Rights Reserved